Quiz your way to success: boost conversions with quiz marketing
Fun, entertaining tests have always attracted users. Who doesn’t like finding out, “What type of pizza are you?”.
Naturally, we all fell for the hype, and so quiz marketing was born. Tests not only help attract more users, but also make them a loyal audience.
Of course, that’s only if quizzes are done right.
Find out how a quiz can help increase your website’s conversion rate and what you need to do to make it happen.
- Why do I need quiz marketing?
- Where should I add a quiz?
- What types of quizzes are there?
- How do I create an effective quiz?
- Our recommendations for quiz marketing
Why do I need quiz marketing?
First and foremost: to increase conversions. Because the test is a kind of good deal for the user and the company. The visitor gets a good mood, a bonus, a discount or useful materials, and the company gets the contact details of the potential customer.
In addition to high conversion rates, there are the following benefits:
- Brand awareness. Who would not want to share with friends that his knowledge of English slang is 10 out of 10 or that among the Simpsons, you – Bart. Such tests attract the attention of the audience and quickly go viral.
- Get to know your audience. If you’re launching a new project and want to find out in a practical way whether the products or services you offer will be popular and how much potential customers are willing to pay for them, a survey is a good option.
- Product storytelling. For example, you are the owner of the pet store. Drop a test on the website “Do you feed your pet right?” After they pass it, offer visitors a high-quality and healthy food.
The quiz increases the time spend on the website, reveals the needs and interests of customers, allows you to lead them to purchase or order in a natural way and thus increases conversions and sales.
Where should I add a quiz?
We recommend testing three options and choosing the best one:
- Your main site: this can be the main page, a blog or a popup window. Choose the solution that attracts users the most;
- Landing pages: one-page sites can be created for a specific campaign or the launch of a new product. Practice shows that such resources bring leads every day;
Which other elements you must add to increase conversions: Drive Traffic to Your Landing Pages like a Boss
- Social media: Telegram. There is a special bot that allows you to easily create a quiz. Such surveys in Telegram channels are easy to implement and are easy for users.
Each of the options has its right to exist, so it’s important to test all methods to determine the maximum conversion.
They also work great in a mix and complement each other.
Why it’s important to test before implementing: CRO From Scratch. Part 2.
What types of quizzes are there?
It can be a survey, a test or a quiz. The task of the first is to arouse emotions and determine the interests of the target audience, there can be no wrong answers.
Choose a test if you want to check the knowledge of your target audience to find out what kind of service they need.
For passing the quiz, the user receives a kind of gift and is ready to leave his contact information for further communication.
The content of quizzes may be:
- Entertaining – aim to increase awareness and brand loyalty, increase the user’s reach and time spent on the page;
- Promotional – allowing you to identify customer needs and offer ways to meet those needs, for example, with useful recommendations for product selection;
- Lead generation – for providing contact information, you send recommendations and informative offers to the user at the provided email address or phone number.
Find the right content type that covers the intentions of your target audience: How to write content that sells. Part 1
Regardless of the chosen quiz type, your main task is to add fun and great pics.
We also recommend using step-by-step statistics when testing different types of quizze. For example, to determine at which question users stop taking the test. Make adjustments accordingly.
How do I create an effective quiz?
- Determine the goal you want to achieve through a quiz.
- Segment your audience. If you’re working with a large number of visitors, we recommend creating several branches of a quiz, depending on activity, age, skills, etc.
- Choose the form and content of the quiz. Decide on a topic and think about the title. It should encourage potential customers to take the quiz.
- Create a list of questions, choose appropriate images and think about how to measure the results.
- Don’t forget about the Share button. It allows users to share the results with their friends and leave a post on social networks.
Our recommendations for quiz marketing
- Test the quiz on different devices before you run it. Make sure all buttons work and the results are logical and match the answers;
- Remove vague words so users don’t have to wonder if they understood what you meant;
- Deliver the promised results of the test. Make sure that the bonus actually arrives, discounts and promo codes work, etc.;
- No to subjective opinions. To do that, offer the test to various people before it goes life, because what seems obvious to you may confuse others;
- Analyze. Otherwise you won’t be able to determine which phases of the quiz need to be completed for maximum effectiveness.